About Nigeria Police Force: Recruitment And History. Get Informed On The Requirement For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Police Force. Want More? Check This Post.
Are you looking for information on the Nigeria police force? Do you wish to join the Nigeria police force but you haven’t been able to get so much information on how to join and get started? Then you do not have to worry anymore as i have a handful of information which would be very helpful to you. I have put together information on the History of the Nigeria police force to give you and insight on what it really is.
I have also put together the requirement for joing the Nigeria police force and every other thing you need to know about the Nigeria police force. Sounds interesting already right? Lets get right into it!
History of the Nigeria police force
The Nigeria Police Force is the main law authorization organization in Nigeria. It has staff organization over the 36 conditions of the nation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The order and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police. For authoritative facilitate, the Force is partitioned into seven (7) managerial divisions, viz. Money and Administration; Operations; Logistics; Force Criminal Investigation Department; Training; Research and Planning; and Information and Communication Technology, each headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police. The Force is additionally isolated into 12 operational Zonal Commands (generally containing somewhere in the range of two and four State Commands) and 37 State Commands including the FCT (as a rule involving Area Commands which further contains Divisions). While the zone is going by an Assistant Inspector General of Police, the State Command is going by a Commissioner of Police, the Area Command by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and the Division by an any official in the Superintendent unit.
The current and twentieth indigenous Inspector-General of Police is IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, NPM, mni. Nigeria Police was first settled in 1820. In 1879, a 1200 part furnished paramilitary Hausa Constabulary was framed. In 1896, the Lagos Police was built up. A comparable Force, the Niger Coast Constabulary was framed in Calabar in 1894 under the recently announced Niger Coast Protectorate. In the north, the Royal Niger Company set up the Royal Niger Company Constabulary in 1888. At the point when the protectorate of Northern and Southern Nigeria were announced in the mid 1900s, some portion of the Royal Niger Company Constabulary turned into the Northern Nigeria Police and part of the Niger Coast Constabulary turned into the Southern Nigeria Police. During the frontier time frame, most police were related with neighborhood governments (local specialists). During the 1960s, under the First Republic, these powers were first regionalized and afterward nationalized. The British blended Lagos settlement and the southern and northern protectorates in 1913 and named the new state Nigeria. The northern and southern territorial police powers were later converged, in 1930, to shape the state’s first national police – the Nigeria Police Force (NPF.
Read Also: Nigerian Navy Recruitment/ Application: How To Get It
What are the duties of the Nigeria police force?
Here are the duties of the Nigeria police force according to Section 4 of the Police Acts and Regulations:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The protection of life and property.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
What are the Ranks for the Nigerian police force?
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Assistant Inspector General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
Read Also: Highest Paid Government Parastatals In Nigeria
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment requirements
One cannot join the Nigeria police force without some certain requirements. Here are some of the requirements you would need to join the Nigeria Police force.
- Candidates Must be matured between 17 to 25 years
- Must have “at least five credits, including English and Mathematics, in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB”.
- Candidates must be clinical, physical, and mentally fit and should not be under 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at the hour of the enlistment.
- Each candidate ought to have a legitimate personality card. It tends to be your driving permit, voter’s card, or universal identification.
- For applicants who apply for police constables. English and Mathematics are obligatory.
- Propelled Level (A level), Ordinary National Diploma (OND), National Certificate in Education (NCE) or their reciprocals (for Cadet Inspectors).
College degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND).
How would I Apply for Nigeria police force 2020/2021?
To apply for NPF Recruitment 2020, you can get to any of the Nigeria police enrollment entrance through www.policerecruitment.gov.ng and complete the online enlistment structure.
“The candidates that meet the necessities from the online enrollment would be welcomed for physical screening at all state orders, including FCT Command, from 24th August 2020 to 30th August 2020,” the notification read.
Here is the thing that you have to do:
- Enter your National Identity Number (NIN) in the space gave
- Flexibly required subtleties of update your record
- Transfer examined duplicates of the accompanying:
- O’Level Results
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Certificate of Origin
- Check the assent box and click submit
- Print affirmation slip and observe your Application Reference ID
- Download and print Guarantor’s structure.
Read Also: Federal Government Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal
It would be ideal if you observe the accompanying:
Ensure you have given all the essential records required for the position you wish to apply.
- Submit and print out your affirmation slip.
- Upon fruitful accommodation, you will get an affirmation message on your email.
- The application must be submitted just a single time.
All Shortlisted applicants will be reached through Email/SMS. Any bogus data will prompt programmed precluded.