Full List Of Medical Schools In Nigeria. In Need Of A Medical School? Check This Post For The Full List Of Medical Schools In Nigeria.
Looking for a list of medical schools in Nigeria? Then you are definitely on the right platform as i have the answer you are looking for. I have put together a full list of all the medical schools that we have in Nigeria which i believe would be quite helpful to you.
An Overview of a Medical school
A medical school is a school with an educational plan prompting a clinical degree. The strategic each clinical school incorporates clinical educating, examination, and patient consideration. Every single clinical school share the objective of planning understudies in the workmanship and study of medication, and furnishing them with the foundation important to enter the time of graduate clinical instruction. The long periods of clinical school going before graduate clinical training are ordinarily isolated into a preclinical stage and a clinical stage.
Read Also: Top Best Cheapest Universities In Nigeria
Albeit clinical students have clinical encounters all through clinical school, the initial two years are regularly called the “preclinical” stage. The preclinical stage normally possesses the initial two years after registration. The typical structure and capacity of human frameworks are instructed through gross and tiny life systems, organic chemistry, physiology, social science, and neuroscience. The instructive concentrate at that point movements to variations from the norm of the body’s structure and capacity, illness, and general restorative standards through courses in microbiology, immunology, pharmacology, and pathology.
All through the initial two years, the clinical centrality of fundamental science material is focused. The preclinical stage consistently incorporates a course acquainting understudies with the ideas of physical assessment and talking. Understudies regularly meet “normalized patients” (individuals with real physical discoveries or individuals prepared to reenact specific cases or discoveries) in first experience with clinical medication courses. .
Most schools incorporate little gathering instructional exercise/conversation meetings composed around understanding cases that stress critical thinking. This methodology expects understudies to assume liability for getting data themselves and urges understudies to become dynamic students. It additionally sets them up for consistent learning all through their expert lives.
The clinical period of the educational plan for the most part happens during the most recent two years of clinical school and is given to instruction in the clinical setting. The times of guidance are called clerkships, and may run long from roughly 4 to 12 weeks. During clerkships, understudies work with patients and their families in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Required “center” clerkships in all schools incorporate inward medication, pediatrics, psychiatry, medical procedure, obstetrics/gynecology, and family medication. Contingent upon the school, required clerkships can likewise incorporate family medication, essential consideration, nervous system science, and network or rustic medication. While in a medical clinic setting or an emergency clinic center, understudies work under the management of doctor employees (known as “going to doctors”) and inhabitants, and work with different individuals from the human services group. Understudies as often as possible do “preceptorships” – that is, they are alloted to network doctors’ workplaces to increase direct information about how an act of medication capacities.
Regardless of whether in a medical clinic or network setting, understudies are liable for “stirring up” various patient cases during the clerkship, by gathering significant information and data from patients, and introducing the information to individual understudies, going to doctors, employees and inhabitants. Understudies are appointed to a clinical group, and take part in the progressing clinical consideration of patients, and they gain abilities in clinical dynamic and patient administration.
In a perfect world, understudies follow their patients after some time, either during hospitalizations, in their preceptorships, or through the course of outpatient treatment. Normalized patients (SPs) are utilized during the clinical years to enhance the sorts of illnesses and conditions the understudies watch. SPs are additionally utilized for appraisal of understudy information, perspectives and aptitudes. Other training techniques in the clinical stage incorporate “adjusts” (conversation of inpatient cases), bedside educating, case-based talks and little gathering conversations.
Read Also: 10 Reason To Stay In School Hostel And 5 Reasons Not To
What are the medical schools we have in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, we have fully accredited medical schools and we also have partially accredited medical schools. I have tried to put a distinction btween them in this article. Here is a list of all the fully accredited medical schools that we have in Nigeria:
FULLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- College of Health Sciences,Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
- College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos State
- College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State
- College of Health Sciences, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
- College of Health Sciences, Usman Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State
- College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- College of Health Sciences, University of Calabar, Cross River State
- College of Medicine, Lagos State University, Ikeja, Lagos State
- College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Plateau State
- Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Sagamu, Olabisi Onabanjo (formerly Ogun State) University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.
- Faculty of Health Sciences, Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- College of Health Science, Madonna University Okija
- College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin-City, Edo State
- Oba Okunade College of Health Sciences Igbinedion University Okada, Benin -City, Edo State
- College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Ozara-Ituku. Enugu State
- College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi, Anambra State
- Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State
- College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State
- College of Health Sciences, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State
- College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State
- College Of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Uyo, Cross River State
Read Also: Best Universities In Nigeria, Tuition Fees And Opportunities
Here is also a list of all the partially accredited medical schools that we have in Nigeria:
PARTIALLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA
- College of Health Sciences, Bingham University Karu, Nasarawa.State
- College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- College of Health Sciences, Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State